- 1cup butter (only real butter can be used in this recipe)
- 1cup sugar
- 1⁄4cup water
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 3semi-sweet chocolate baking squares or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1cup coarsely broken pecans
See what’s on sale in recipes and in your Grocery List.
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water, and salt.
- Cook to hard-crack stage (300°F) stirring with a WOODEN SPOON constantly and watching carefully. Do not try a plastic spoon, it will melt into your delicious candy!
- Immediately pour into ungreased 13″x9″ pan.
- Cool until hard.
- Melt chocolate over hot, but not boiling water.
- Spread over toffee; sprinkle with nuts, pressing them into chocolate.
- Let stand 2-3 hours or chill 30 minutes.
- Break into bite-size pieces.